Looking for a fresh angle in your writing? Interested in deepening your understanding of human psychology but too busy to get across the extensive literature? Take your insight into human nature to the next level with this online psychology course for writers.
What do dialogue, action and character have in common?
They all have psychological drivers bubbling away underneath - the hidden motivators for everything that's visible on the surface.
The psychology literature is vast and it's not easy to distil the most relevant content from the wealth of published information. In this program, I've done the hard yards for you, trawling through the literature to find interesting facts that will put a huge range of knowledge at your fingertips, ready to flow straight into your storyline.
With a diverse range of topics drawn from biological, developmental, personality, cognitive, social, financial and abnormal psychology, every week you'll receive an article about an aspect of psychology that you can use straight away in your writing.
Use the articles as a spring board for weekly writing exercises or file the knowledge away for use when you're developing characters, crafting dialogue or plotting action. Either way, you'll gain insight into psychological drivers that will add a depth of knowledge about human nature to your craft - and a spark of inspiration for those moments when the words just won't flow.
What you'll get
- A weekly article on a psychology topic with the focus tailored specifically to the needs of writers.
- Suggestions about how you can use the information to enhance your writing.
- Writing activities that will open up a world of possibility.
- Other resources - links to high quality related content and recommended reading.
- Access to supplementary videos and audio files as they become available.
Psychology for Writers is a 12 month subscription to weekly articles that summarise particular aspects of the psychology literature for use by writers. (There is no auto-renew on this service and your details will not be shared with anyone for any reason.)
Check out the free sample here.
Subscribe today and take your understanding of human nature to the next level.
Sign up to receive news and tips
We respect your privacy. Your details will not be shared with anyone for any reason.
Contact my Course Administrator.
p: 61 2 6259 9289
Office Hours: 8:30 - 5:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Qualifications & Memberships
- M.Phil. (Psych. ANU)
- Graduate Teaching Programme (Adult Ed. ANU)
- Grad. Dip. App. Fin. (Kaplan Professional)
- Grad. Dip. Psych. (UC)
- B.A. (1st Class Hons. Psych. ANU)
- Full Member, Australian Psychological Society
- Member, ACT Writers Centre
- Accredited Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Practitioner
- Accredited practitioner for the full suite of SHL occupational instruments (eg. OPQ, Verify)
- Accredited Lominger Voices Capability Framework and 360 Degree Feedback Report Practitioner.
- Accredited Full Circle 360 Degree Feedback Practitioner.