Do you love crime fiction? Are you drawn to badass characters and crime plots? Do you ever wonder what really makes criminals tick? Do you want to write believable crime scenarios?
The Criminal Psychology for Writers course is a comprehensive online program that covers all major aspects of criminal behaviour with a number of quirky tidbits thrown in for good measure.
Much is known about criminal psychology – so much, in fact, that it can be hard to distill what you really need from the wealth of published information. In this program, I’ve done the hard yards for you, trawling through the literature to find the core facts that will put the essentials at your fingertips, ready to flow straight into your storyline.
This thirteen module program is designed to run for six months with a new module released every fortnight, but you can work at whatever pace suits you best – you’ll get a new module when you send through your submission for the previous one.
What will you get?
- Up-to-date information about a comprehensive range of criminal psychology topics, tailored to the needs of writers.
- Suggestions about how you can use the information to enhance your writing.
- Writing activities designed to embed your learning and deepen your understanding in each key area.
- Personal feedback from me on the psychological content in all your written submissions – encouragement, support and extra insight as you progress through the program.
- Access to supplementary resources – videos, audio files and recommended reading.
Each module covers a specific aspect of criminal psychology, all with a strong writer focus.
- The stories criminals tell themselves
- Intelligence and developmental influences
- The geography of crime
- The dark triad – narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism
- Robbery and burglary
- Domestic violence
- Sexual offences
- Organised crime and trafficking
- White collar crime
- Eyewitness testimony, lies and polygraphs
Delve into the criminal mind if you dare! Enrol today for an early bird discount.
Sign up to receive news and tips
We respect your privacy. Your details will not be shared with anyone for any reason.
Contact my Course Administrator.
p: 61 2 6259 9289
Office Hours: 8:30 - 5:30 Australian Eastern Standard Time.
Qualifications & Memberships
- M.Phil. (Psych. ANU)
- Graduate Teaching Programme (Adult Ed. ANU)
- Grad. Dip. App. Fin. (Kaplan Professional)
- Grad. Dip. Psych. (UC)
- B.A. (1st Class Hons. Psych. ANU)
- Full Member, Australian Psychological Society
- Member, ACT Writers Centre
- Accredited Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) Practitioner
- Accredited practitioner for the full suite of SHL occupational instruments (eg. OPQ, Verify)
- Accredited Lominger Voices Capability Framework and 360 Degree Feedback Report Practitioner.
- Accredited Full Circle 360 Degree Feedback Practitioner.